Saturday, August 6, 2011

Team Reebok Run

August 6, 2011 - Cultural Center of the Philippines Complex, Pasay


Another wet run but not as wet as that of Milo last week. It drizzled midway into the run then it stopped for a bit only to start again during the last 500m of my 10k run.


I met Ms. Norma, a 47yo mom who said she just started running about year ago. But guess what? She runs faster than me and I'm 12 years her junior! Sheesh! Anyway, we were both a bit puzzled with the color coding (or lack thereof) of the race bibs used in the race. Normally, runners who ran the same distance are assigned the same colored race bibs. Not in this run. We wonder why, hmmm.......


The race route was okay. There were enough hydration stations which, apart from ordinary water, also served Pocari Sweat  water. I must say, I am starting to love the sweet taste of this bottled ionic water. =)

 Finish line

I clocked in at 1hr 19mins, a new PR! Yahoo! 
 
Self-portrait
The problem with running alone is that nobody is there to take your picture. Yeah, I know it's a pretty lame excuse to have a running buddy but I love documenting my runs thru photographs. I almost asked a stranger if he could take my pic using my Canon point and shoot cam but I chickened out. Plus I keep remembering this Mr. Beans episode where Mr. Beans did just that and the guy took off with his cam. Hehe. Though in my case, I don't think that was bound to happen because the guy I was tempted to ask to take my pic was holding a much nicer camera, a high-end DSLR, so I don't think he'd be interested in an old and slightly damaged point and shoot. So there, the above pic is my attempt at self-portrait =)

No comments:

Post a Comment