Sunday, August 21, 2011

Unilab Run United 2

August 21, 2011 - Bonifacio Global City


Simply one of my best runs. Had a new PR for my 10k run and I got to run alongside my precious Miguel during his 500m dash. Top that!



The whole time I was running my 10k race, in my mind I kept telling Miguel, "Wait for mommy, Miguel. I'm almost there." So when my feet hit the Finish line, I didn't really stop running. I ran as fast as I could towards the starting area of the 500m dash race. Good thing, they haven't started yet and I found Miguel with his daddy at the back of the pack

The organizers divided the little runners into 4 waves:
1st wave - 9 to 12 year old girls
2nd wave - 9 to 12 year old boys
3rd wave - 5 to 8 year old girls
4th wave - 5 to 8 year old boys

They waited till all the kids per wave had reached the finish line before releasing another wave so it was quite a long wait. We were in the 4th wave so it was already about 7:40am when our gun start was fired. And then we're off.


Miguel was filled with so much energy that my 10k-tired-legs was having a hard time keeping up with him. Halfway, I told him that we can always slow down (walk if need be) if he's already tired. But he was still all smiles and told me, "No." So we ran through it all.

 
He got his first finisher's medal, a cute helmet shaped, orange-colored  medal with the name Ceelin Ascorbic Acid for Kids (500m dash category sponsor) written on it. He wears it proudly =)


Thank you to our dear Lord for the wonderful weather this morning. It was a bit cloudy so it wasn't too hot. And it didn't rain which allowed the little kiddos run to their hearts delight. 

Thank you for hubby Caloy for always supporting my running endeavors and sharing my desire to get our little boy involved in it, too. 

Thank you to my sister Kath for being our official photographer. I appreciate it Sis. Mwah!

Thank you to Ate Lyn, Miguel's daily companion, for tagging along with us to witness one of Miguel's achievements.


And lastly, thank you to Run Rio for organizing such an awesome event!

No comments:

Post a Comment