Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tiktakbo 4

September 4, 2011 - UP Academic Oval


After his 500m run in the Unilab Run United 2 event two weeks ago, Miguel told me, "Mommy, bili mo na uli ako ng 'number' para tatakbo na uli ako."  Then I learned that a couple of my running friends who are also moms like myself were running with their kids in the UP-JPIA Tiktakbo 4 at the UP Academic Oval. I have not seen them for quite a while so I figured this would be a good reunion venue for us and at the same time we would be able to meet each others' kids. And so I registered Miguel in the 500m category - his 3rd official run. 


Gun start was at 7am but we were there as early as 5am due to the organizer's SMS announcement the night before that the roads will be closed at 5am. Hence, all those bringing their cars should be there before 5am to be able to access the parking lots. It was a long wait but at least the weather cooperated. It was a bit foggy and moist in the early hours, probably due to the presence of so many trees and plants, but it didn't rain.

Waiting.....

Pre-run taho for energy!

Finally, 7am came and the little runners were off.....

500m dash category

Miguel was still full of energy despite the long wait. He was all smiles the whole time.

He was running so fast I think he finished the run in two minutes with no sweat! Methinks he's ready to level up. Hhhmmm........

Mommy & Miguel on the run

Every time I finish a run, Miguel would often ask me if I won. And I would always tell him, "Yes, I won. I won simply because I crossed the finish line." So now every time he crosses that finish line, I raise his hands and yell, "Winner!"

My winner claiming his "prizes"

Afterwards, my little runner had his post-run breakfast of McDonald's Big Breakfast with Rice, Egg and Sausage. Then we went home and he slept for the next 3 hours. =)

Yum!

Thank you UP-JPIA for this run. I hope we can join again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment