Sunday, July 3, 2011

Yamaha Run for Heroes

July 3, 2011 - Bonifacio Global City

First of all, I have to thank hubby's cousin Paolo and family for inviting us to join this run and sponsoring our registration. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 


10k Race Map

A few meters away from the finish line.
(Photo courtesy of Jpeg MendozaRunners' Runner photographer)


 My 6th 10k run in 4 months
 I haven't been running for quite sometime either due to work or rain. My last 10k run was 2weeks ago then nada! As expected there was some struggle in finishing the run this morning. Good thing the weather cooperated coz it was a bit cloudy and it wasn't that hot. I still managed to finish at 1:24 mins, my average 10k run. So I guess it wasn't that bad.   

Trying out one of the Yamaha motorcycles on display

Coach Rio checking the runners on his Yamaha bike
(Photo courtesy of Jpeg MendozaRunners' Runner photographer)

The Finisher's Bag
I almost did not get a finisher's bag because they ran out of stock. I got the goods that was supposed to be in the bag but not the bag itself. So there I was trying to carry a bottle of water, a Century Tuna Chili Corned Carne, a Unilab medkit and my finisher's certificate with my two hands. Good thing I did not leave the area immediately because after about 10mins, a bunch of bags were delivered. Miguel fell in love with the finisher's bag and asked me if he can use it in school. He said I have so many other bags anyway. How can I say no to that?

Family pic courtesy of Jpeg MendozaRunners' Runner photographer

My race results

No comments:

Post a Comment