Sunday, July 24, 2011

Takbo.ph Runfest

July 24, 2011 - Bonifacio Global City

I could not make up my mind whether to do another 10k or level up to a 16k run even as I was filling out the registration form in R.O.X. more than a month ago. I have completed most of the required details except the distance. I remember stalling by trying out the sample singlet sizes over and over again. I was itching to do a 16k but I kept asking myself if I was ready for it. Then this girl who was also registering that time checked the 16k box on her reg form and I thought, what the heck! I checked the 16k box in my reg form as well, submitted it, paid the fees and left with my claim stub.

Life-work balance was unfortunately unbalanced in the weeks leading up to the race. I didn't get to train well due to were major changes in the office that entailed a lot of after office work and the persistent rains. So my only training was a few weekend 10k runs at the UP Academic Oval when the weather permits. Good luck to me!


My personalized race bib

The race kicked off with a good start. The good Lord favored us with a good weather all throughout the race. It was a bit cloudy but it did not rain. Hydration stations were plenty with available cold water and Powerade.
The 16k race map

I don't really frequent the BGC area except on race days so I am not really familiar with the it. So when looking at race maps, I only look at where Start/Finish are and then I just follow the crowd and signages during the actual run. Needless to say, I did not know we will be running in the McKinley Hill area this morning which covered about the 12th to the14th kilometer stretch of the 16k route. The real challenge were the uphills. Some were really steep and left me out of breath.

A few steps away from the finish line

I clocked in at 2 hours and 22mins, 22 minutes more than my expected time of completion. And I blame it all on McKinley Hill! LOL!

A proud 16k finisher

Overall, it was a good run and I am now a proud 16k finisher. Yehey!

My first 16k medal

Kudos to Takbo.ph for organizing this run and giving me (and countless others) a good venue for our first 16k run. Happy 3rd anniversary and more power to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment