Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 : A Personal Running Review

I would remember 2011 as the year I started running again. I joined a total of 17 running events consisting of 5 5k, 10 10k and 2 16k events and spent P10,000 in registration fees alone. Yes, it was quite expensive but I still think it was money well spent simply because I enjoyed every minute of it. There is always an exhilarating feeling of accomplishment everytime I finish a run. Then follow it up with a good hearty breakfast with hubby and Miguel. Happiness!


I have ran the streets of Roxas Blvd., CCP, Macapagal Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, McKinley Hill and Commonwealth Avenue. Still dreaming of running the Skyway. Hopefully it will come true in 2012.


I met a lot of new people and made friends with runners like me. Some who were struggling with their 5ks when I met them are now half marathoners. Others who are more advance runners are now doing ultra-marathons. Their achievements inspire me to do better. I have been doing 5k events for the longest time and my goal early this year was to run a 10k before the year ends. But I outdid myself . Not only did I accomplish my 10k run, I even did two 16k runs. Winner!


My running has also rubbed off on my 5year old son and he enjoys running as much as I do. It has become one of our bonding moments. We even landed a photo slot in the Oct-Dec 2011 issue of the Runner's World Philippines.


Lastly, 2011 gave birth to this blogsite which helped to channel whatever writing skills I have to chronicle my runs. It started like a photo blog because that was all there is to it - photos. Then I learned how to write. Now, the photos became more alive as it is now accompanied by a written account of my personal experience on the event. Let's see how this site will evolve this year.

Looking forward to another running year. Hopefully I may be able to do a 21k before the end of the year. Maybe in time for the next Adidas KOTR or maybe even earlier. We'll see.....

Keep on running...... happy =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment