Saturday, March 31, 2012

Good Housekeeping Family Fun Run 2012

Today my unico hijo attempted to run a 3k race and succeeded! Yippe-ya-yo!

The Good Housekeeping Family Run in 2011 was his first official run where he did the 100m dash along with other kids. This year I thought he might be ready to go to the next level so I decided to amp it up a little. I registered both of us in the 3k run, a category that was really intended for parent and child tandem.  It would be a first official run together in the same category!

The run was held in BGC this year. Our scheduled gun start was at 6:15am but we were there as early as 5:30am.
 Pre-race shots
This year's host: My fave radio DJs, Chico & Del of The Morning Rush - Monster Radio RX 93.1 

When the countdown started from the last 15 seconds to gun start, there was that excited smile that flashed across Miguel's face. Precious!  Then we started running.

 
Obstacle course for kids

He enjoyed the obstacle course placed halfway thru the 3k race.

My little runner

I have been out of the running scene for quite a while now so I'm really out of shape. This morning's 3k run had left me panting. I needed to hold Miguel's hand or else he will run away from me especially when he can already glimpse the finish line. He got so excited that he wanted to do a sprint.

Miguel, wait for meeeeee!

At the finish line

Family pic c/o Baicapture

Thanks Good Housekeeping for this annual family run. We had a great time. Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment